Tea Advent calendar
- Each tea bag makes 4 cups
Package homemade teas in numbered paper bags or containers to create a DIY Advent calendar. Add brewing instructions – or leave them as surprises!
Rose & raspberry
- 2 tsp dried rose petals
- 1 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries
- 2 tsp green tea
Mint & lemongrass
Ginger, chamomile & lavender
- 1 tsp dried lavender
- 2 tbsp dried chamomile flowers
- 8 small pieces of crystallised ginger
Cinnamon & apple
- 4 tbsp dried apple pieces, or 4 dried apple rings
- 2 tsp black loose-leaf tea
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into small pieces
You will need
- 24 empty teabags and gift tags, or small numbered containers and a tea strainer
- STEP 1
Combine the ingredients for each tea in a small bowl. Do not cut up any of the dried fruit, as it will keep longer if left whole. Divide each of the mixtures between four teabags or small containers, making sure any of the larger ingredients are divided evenly. Seal in the containers, or attach labels to the teabags, and arrange so there is a different tea for each successive day.
- STEP 2
To brew, steep the teabag in 300ml just-boiled water for 3-5 mins, depending on how strong you like it. Or, put the loose tea in the tea strainer before steeping.