Spinach & squash salad with coconut dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus infusing
- Serves 8
- 1 large butternut squash or pumpkin, deseeded but skin left on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion , sliced into thin rings
- 2 limes , zest of 1, juice of both
- ½ x 160ml can coconut cream
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 2 x 100g bags baby leaf spinach
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the squash into bite-sized pieces, toss with the oil and seasoning, then roast for 30-40 mins until golden and tender. Leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Toss the onion rings with the juice of 1 lime and set aside while the squash roasts.
- STEP 3
Make the dressing. Whisk together the remaining lime juice, the zest, coconut cream, fish sauce and sugar. Cover and leave to infuse in the fridge for 10-15 mins, or until ready to serve. When ready to eat, toss together the squash, spinach and onions, and serve with a generous drizzle of the dressing.