- 400ml can light coconut milk
Coconut milk is not the slightly opaque liquid that flows from a freshly opened coconut –…
- 3 tbsp mild curry paste
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 200g butternut squash (peeled weight), cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small aubergine (about 250g), halved and thickly sliced
Although it's technically a fruit (a berry, to be exact), the aubergine is used as a…
- 15g coriander, chopped
- 160g frozen peas, defrosted
A type of legume, peas grow inside long, plump pods. As is the case with all types of legume,…
- 1 lime, juiced, to taste
The same shape, but smaller than…
- wholemeal flatbread, to serve
Put 400ml light coconut milk, 3 tbsp mild curry paste, 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder, 1 deseeded and sliced red chilli, 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger, 3 sliced garlic cloves, 200g chunks butternut squash, 1 sliced red pepper and 1 small halved and thickly sliced aubergine into the slow cooker pot and stir well. Cover with the lid and chill overnight.
The next day, cook on Low for 6 hrs until the vegetables are really tender, then stir in 15g chopped coriander and 160g defrosted peas. The heat of the curry should be enough to warm them through.
Taste and add a good squeeze of lime juice, if you fancy extra zing. Serve with a wholemeal flatbread.
Add sweet potatoesYou can swap the squash for sweet potatoes if you prefer as they will still count towards one of your five-a-day unlike white potatoes.