- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 3 tbsp mild curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 skinless chicken legs, fat removed
- 30g pack fresh coriander, leaves chopped
- cooked brown rice, to serve
Rice is a grain, the seed of a type of grass, which is the most widely grown and the most…
Put the onion, curry paste, chopped tomatoes, vegetable bouillon powder, ginger and yellow pepper into the slow cooker pot with a third of a can of water and stir well. Add the chicken and push it under all the other ingredients so that it is completely submerged. Cover with the lid and chill in the fridge overnight.
The next day, cook on Low for 6 hrs until the chicken and vegetables are really tender. Stir in the coriander leaves just before serving over rice.