Slow cooker Thai chicken curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 800g skinless and boneless chicken thighs, halved
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, sliced
- thumbsized piece root ginger, sliced
- 6 lime leaves
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- cooked rice and fresh Thai basil leaves
- STEP 1
Gently fry the Thai green curry paste in a dry non-stick frying pan until fragrant, then pour in the coconut milk. Mix well until smooth then take off the heat.
- STEP 2
Put the chicken thighs into a slow cooker along with the aubergine, lemongrass stalks, sliced ginger, lime leaves, brown sugar and fish sauce.
- STEP 3
Pour over the curried coconut milk, give everything a good stir with a wooden spoon then cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- STEP 4
Serve with rice and Thai basil scattered over.