- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 20 mins
- Serves 2
- 250g jar mixed pepper with herbs
- 250g new potato , scrubbed and thickly sliced
- 1 red onion , cut into wedges
- 140g green bean , trimmed and halved
- 175g chunky cod or salmon fillets, skin on
- half a lemon
- crusty bread , to serve
- STEP 1
Pour all the oil from the jar of peppers into a deep frying pan. Heat the oil until bubbling, then tip in the potatoes and onion and toss in the oil. Cook for 5 mins, stirring every now and then until the potatoes are beginning to turn golden.
- STEP 2
Carefully pour most of the oil out of the frying pan, leaving behind about 1 tbsp. Tip in the beans and drained peppers, season and stir until well mixed. Lay the fish, skin side down, on top of the vegetables.
- STEP 3
Cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins more or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the vegetables are tender. Squeeze the lemon half over the fish and serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.