- 1 banana shallot, halved – one half thinly sliced, the other finely chopped
- 220g pack salmon trout or salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 tbsp chopped dill, plus 2 sprigs
- 1½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 250g new potatoes, sliced
New potatoes have thin, wispy skins and a crisp, waxy texture. They are young potatoes and…
- 140g trimmed green beans, halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- small handful watercress, finely chopped
With deep green leaves, and crisp, paler stems, watercress is related to mustard and is one of…
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Take a square of foil and arrange the sliced shallots in the centre. Put the fish fillets on top, add 2 sprigs of dill and ½ tbsp of the vinegar. Close the foil, sealing it to make a parcel, and place on a baking tray. Put in the oven for 12 mins.
Steam the potatoes for 6 mins. Add the beans and cook for 5 mins more. Put the remaining vinegar in a bowl with the oil, mustard, watercress, and most of the chopped dill and shallot, and mix well. Add the warm beans and potatoes, and gently toss together. Serve with the cooked fish, pouring over the juice from the parcel, and scatter over the remaining dill.