Creamy salmon, leek & potato traybake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 250g baby potatoes , thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek , halved, washed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 70ml double cream
- 1 tbsp capers , plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp chives , plus extra to serve
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- mixed rocket salad , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 8 mins. Drain and leave to steam-dry in a colander for a few minutes. Toss the potatoes with ½ of the oil and plenty of seasoning in a baking tray. Put in the oven for 20 mins, tossing halfway through the cooking time.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and fry for 5 mins, or until beginning to soften. Stir through the garlic for 1 min, then add the cream, capers and 75ml hot water, then bring to the boil. Stir through the chives.
- STEP 3
Heat the grill to high. Pour the creamy leek mixture over the potatoes, then sit the salmon fillets on top. Grill for 7-8 mins, or until just cooked through. Serve topped with extra chives and capers and a salad on the side, if you like.