Peanut butter chicken rice bowl
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 175g Thai sticky rice (or 350g pre-cooked)
- 100ml rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ cucumber , peeled into ribbons
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter (we used a standard home brand supermarket jar)
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small red chilli , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- STEP 1
Cook the rice following pack instructions. Meanwhile, stir the vinegar, sugar and 100ml of water together until the sugar dissolves. Add the cucumber ribbons and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill to medium. Mix the oil, soy, peanut butter and 100-150ml of boiling water to loosen. Divide the mixture into two, setting aside half for later. Rub the chicken with the other half, then grill for 15 mins or until cooked, turning halfway through. Thickly slice.
- STEP 3
Divide the rice between two bowls, top with sliced chicken and some pickled cucumber. Spoon the remaining marinade over the rice and finish with the chilli and chopped peanuts.