Roasted tomatoes & creamy tahini yogurt
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 600g mixed heritage or heirloom tomatoes
- 5 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 thyme or oregano sprigs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus an extra drizzle to serve
- 400g thick Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp tahini
- pinch of chilli flakes, such as Aleppo (optional)
- flatbreads or focaccia, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the tomatoes on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, then scatter over the garlic and thyme, reserving a few thyme leaves. Drizzle with the oil and season with a little salt. Roast for 25-30 mins until the tomatoes have softened but are still holding their shape.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, combine the yogurt with the tahini and ½ tsp sea salt flakes. Chill until needed.
- STEP 3
Spread the cold yogurt mixture over a large serving plate. Spoon over the tomatoes, along with the garlic and thyme and pour over the roasting juices. Sprinkle with a pinch of chilli flakes, if you like, and the reserved thyme, then serve with flatbreads or focaccia for scooping everything up.