- 4 large beetroot (about 500g), peeled, ends trimmed and spiralized into thick noodles
A favourite in 1970's British salads (served cooked and pickled in vinegar), beetroot is a…
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 4 ripe plums (about 200g), cut into wedges
The juiciest fruit in the stone fruit family, plums come in many different varieties, some sweet…
- 60g pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
Related to the walnut, pecans are native to America, and grow enclosed in a glossy, browny-red…
- 1 small pack mint, leaves picked, some reserved for garnish
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
For the dressing
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp pomegranate molasses
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.Toss the spiralized beetroot in the olive oil and some seasoning in a roasting tin then spread out into an even layer. Roast for 15 mins until tender.
While the beetroot is roasting, combine the dressing ingredients together in a jug with a little seasoning.
To assemble the salad, toss the rest of the ingredients in the roasting tin with the cooked beetroot and dressing. Serve on a sharing platter, garnished with a few reserved mint leaves.