Raspberry & rose trifles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 30 mins chilling
- Serves 6
- 2 cubes Turkish delight , optional
- 500g pot good-quality vanilla custard
- ½ a 350g/12oz bought madeira loaf
- 300g pack raspberry
- juice 1 orange
- 200ml tub crème fraîche (use reduced-fat if you like)
- handful pistachios , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
If you don’t want to add the Turkish delight, move on to step 2. Snip the Turkish delight into pieces with kitchen scissors into a large bowl and add a few tablespoons of water. Microwave on High for 1 min, stirring after 30 secs, or until dissolved and smooth. Tip in the custard and stir together.
- STEP 2
Break the cake into rough chunks and divide between 6 sundae dishes or serving glasses. Mix half of the raspberries with the orange juice in a bowl and crush gently with a fork to break the fruit up slightly. Spoon over the cake layer. Cover with the custard, then leave to cool in the fridge for at least 30 mins. Can be made up to 1 day ahead. To serve, top the trifles with a dollop of crème fraîche, the remaining raspberries and a sprinkling of pistachios.