Prawn & pancetta spears
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Makes 20
- 10 slices pancetta or prosciutto
- 20 whole raw prawns , peeled but tails left on
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
For the dip
- 1 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon or grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely snipped chives
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- STEP 1
Soak 20 short bamboo skewers in water to prevent them burning under the grill. To make the dip, combine the preserved lemon or lemon zest, lemon juice, chives and mayonnaise and refrigerate.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill to high. Cut the pancetta or prosciutto – probably in half, although sizes of slices differ – so that it wraps around the middle of the prawn, still showing some of the prawn at either end. Thread each prawn on to a skewer and lay on a baking sheet with a rim. Mix the olive oil with sea salt and freshly ground pepper in a bowl and brush the prawns with the seasoned oil.
- STEP 3
Grill for 3-4 minutes on one side until the pancetta is crisp, then turn and grill for a minute or two more until cooked through. Serve hot or warm with the lemon mayonnaise for dipping.