Pork chop melts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 20-30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 pork chops , about 175g/6oz each
- 100-140g stilton or other blue cheese such as bleu d'Auvergne or Danish Blue
- 4 rounded tbsp apple sauce
- mashed potato and green veg, to serve
- STEP 1
Turn on the grill. Season the chops on both sides with a good sprinkling of salt and pepper. Grill under a moderate heat for 12-16 minutes, turning once, until just cooked.
- STEP 2
Add the topping. Thinly slice the cheese (don’t worry if it breaks up a bit). Spoon the apple sauce over the chops and top each one with a couple of slices of cheese. Slide back under the grill for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and tinged brown. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green veg such as leeks or broccoli, and with any melted cheesy bits from the bottom of the pan.