Peanut butter & prawn noodle salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g thin egg noodles
- 130g crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp chilli oil , plus extra to serve
- 1 lime , juiced, plus wedges to serve
- 150g cooked king prawns
- 1 large carrot , peeled and grated
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves , roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions , sliced
- 2 handfuls chilli prawn cracker (optional)
- STEP 1
Cook the noodles according to pack instructions. Drain and leave to cool a little.
- STEP 2
Put the peanut butter in a microwave-proof bowl with 2 tbsp water. Mix and put in the microwave on high for 30 seconds to loosen. Add the soy sauce, chilli oil and lime juice to the peanut butter to make a dressing. Toss the noodles in the dressing, season and spread out on a sharing platter.
- STEP 3
Top with the prawns, carrot, coriander and spring onions, toss it all together, then break the prawn crackers, if using, and sprinkle over the top. Let people help themselves at the table, and serve with extra lime wedges and chilli oil drizzled over.