One-pan baked chicken with squash, sage & walnuts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1kg mixed chicken thigh and drumstick pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 red onions , peeled, cut into large wedges
- 1 butternut squash , peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges
- bunch sage , leaves picked
- 100g walnut halves, very roughly chopped
- good splash sherry vinegar
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Tip the chicken pieces into a largish roasting tin and toss with the oil, onions and squash. Season with salt and pepper and arrange chicken so it’s all skin-side up.
- STEP 2
Roast in oven for about 25 mins, remove, toss through sage, walnuts, then drizzle over vinegar. Using tongs, again arrange chicken so it’s all skin-side up. Roast for another 25-30 mins until chicken is golden brown and the veg soft and sticky. Serve straight from the tin with some mashed potato.