Mixed vegetable tagine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Takes 40-50 minutes
- Serves 4
This low fat supper is great served with couscous mixed with a handful of raisins.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1large onion , thickly sliced
- 2large garlic cloves , finely chopped
- ½ tsp each ground cumin , turmeric and cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp harissa paste
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1kg seasonal vegetable (such as half a small butternut squash, 2 large carrots, 3 medium parsnips and 1 large sweet potato), peeled and cut into chunks
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 x 175g packets Quorn pieces or diced tofu
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes. Tip in the ground cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and ginger, harissa paste and honey and cook for another minute before stirring in the vegetables, stock and 1 tsp salt. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- STEP 2
Stir in the Quorn or tofu and continue simmering for a further 5 minutes, then taste and add more salt and harissa paste if you like. Scatter with the chopped coriander and serve.