- 12 small slices rye bread or 6 slices thin, firm bread
- softened butter, for spreading
Butter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp cucumber relish or piccalilli
- 2 slices ham, shredded
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ¼ cucumber, halved, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 boiled eggs, halved and sliced
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 100g frozen north Atlantic prawns, defrosted
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
- sliced radishes, dill sprigs and cress, to garnish
The root of a member of the mustard family, radishes have a peppery flavour and a crisp, crunchy…
Trim the crusts from the bread if you like and cut each slice into smaller pieces. Spread each slice with butter and lay out on a board.
Mix 2 tbsp mayonnaise with the cucumber relish and spread over a quarter of the buttered bread slices. Arrange the ham and the radishes over the top. Spread the cream cheese over another quarter and arrange the cucumber and dill on top. Mash the egg with 2 tbsp mayonnaise and spread over another quarter, then top with the cress. Mix the prawns with the remaining mayonnaise and spoon over the remaining bread slices, then grind over a little black pepper. Add a garnish of dill, if you like.