Coronation chickpea sandwich filler
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 4
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 1⁄2 tbsp mayonnaise or vegan alternative
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 50g raisins
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 rolls or 8 slices of bread and Little Gem lettuce leaves, to serve
- STEP 1
Pat the chickpeas dry using kitchen paper. Combine the mayo, chutney, curry powder and lemon juice in a bowl. Season well.
- STEP 2
Tip in the raisins, onion and chickpeas and mix to combine. Spoon the filler into rolls or sandwich between bread slices with a few lettuce leaves. Will keep chilled for three days.