Lamb chops with thyme, chilli & Greek htipiti
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus marinating
- Serves 4
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 3 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the htipiti
- 235g roasted red peppers from a jar, drained
- 175g feta, crumbled
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves very finely chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the lamb cutlets in a bowl with the thyme, chilli flakes and oil. Toss together to coat, then leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 mins-1 hr.
- STEP 2
For the htipiti, cut the peppers into small pieces. Put in a bowl and add all the other ingredients. Leave for about 15 mins for the flavour to infuse.
- STEP 3
Heat a griddle pan or frying pan. When it’s really hot, lift the chops out of the marinade. Cook them, a few at a time, for 3 mins either side, seasoning as you go. Serve the chops with the sauce, and some baby potatoes, if you like.