Lamb chops with hummus & roasted tomatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus marinating and resting
- Serves 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 4 garlic cloves , crushed
- 8 lamb chops
- 200g mixed cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 40g pine nuts
- handful watercress
- 12 black olives , pitted and halved
- 50g feta , crumbled
- handful fresh mint , finely chopped, to serve
- 2 flatbreads , warmed, to serve
For the hummus
- 400g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- ½ lemon , juiced
- 1 small garlic clove , roughly chopped
- 1½ tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1
Mix the oil and garlic together, then rub half over the lamb chops. Season well, then set aside to marinate. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- STEP 2
Put the tomatoes on a baking tray, then drizzle over the remaining oil mixture and season. Cook for 8-10 mins until soft, adding the pine nuts for the final 2-3 mins to toast.
- STEP 3
Make the hummus by blitzing all the ingredients together with 2-3 tbsp water until smooth.
- STEP 4
Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook the lamb for 4-5 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Hold the fatty side of the meat against the pan for 2-3 mins until crisp. Cover and set aside to rest for 5 mins.
- STEP 5
Spread the hummus over a platter or four plates and top with the tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, the lamb and watercress. Scatter over the olives, pine nuts, feta and mint, and serve with the flatbreads.