- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 fat garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced then ½ zested
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- 3 tbsp tahini
Also known as tahina, this finely ground paste of husked and roasted sesame seeds is an…
- mixed crudités and toasted pitta bread, to serve (optional)
Thoroughly rinse the chickpeas in a colander under cold running water. Tip into the large bowl of a food processor along with 60ml of the oil and blitz until almost smooth. Add the garlic, lemon and tahini along with 30ml water. Blitz again for about 5 mins, or until the hummus is smooth and silky.
Add 20ml more water, a little at a time, if it looks too thick. Season and transfer to a bowl. Swirl the top of the hummus with the back of a dessert spoon and drizzle over the remaining oil. Serve with crunchy crudités and toasted pitta bread, if you like.