Grilled salmon & mango salad with coconut dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An attractive, gluten-free salad of oily fish in a creamy coconut and lime dressing with light herbs and hot chilli
- 4 salmon fillets (about 125g each), boned and skinned
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 100g green bean , trimmed
- 1 large ripe mango , peeled and cut into slices
- 2 shallots , very thinly sliced and broken into rings
- handful mint or coriander leaves
- 50g toasted desiccated coconut
- 1 thumb-sized red chilli , thinly sliced
For the dressing
- STEP 1
Heat the grill. Place the salmon, skin-side up, on a foil-lined tray, season well and rub the sugar on top. Grill for about 10 mins until cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, blanch the beans in boiling water for 1 min, drain, rinse in cold water and drain again. Arrange on 4 plates, then add the mango and shallots.
- STEP 3
Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Break the salmon into a few pieces over each plate. Add the mint or coriander leaves, coconut and chilli to each. Pour over the dressing and serve with a lime wedge.