Gnocchi with courgette, mascarpone & spring onions
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 300g fresh gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli , sliced, deseeded if you like
- 1 medium courgette , cut into thin ribbons with a peeler
- 4 spring onions , chopped
- zest 1 lemon
- 2 heaped tbsp mascarpone
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- dressed mixed leaves , to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the gnocchi following pack instructions. Drain, reserving a ladle of the cooking water, and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook chilli and courgette for 3 mins until soft. Add spring onions, zest, mascarpone, half the Parmesan and cooking water. Mix until smooth, add gnocchi and heat through.
- STEP 3
Season, divide between 2 ovenproof dishes and scatter with the remaining Parmesan. Grill for 2-3 mins until bubbling and serve with the dressed mixed leaves.