Easy scallop pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
- 6 scallops with corals
- 6 slices prosciutto , halved lengthways
- 175g fresh egg fettuccine or tagliatelle
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil , plus extra for drizzling (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- ¼ tsp thyme leaf
- zest of 1 lemon and juice ½
- 4 tbsp dry white vermouth (we used Noilly Prat)
- good handful chopped flat-leaf parsley
- STEP 1
Cut the orange corals from the scallops and finely chop them. Halve the white scallops to make 2 fat pieces and roll them up in the strips of prosciutto.
- STEP 2
Cook the pasta in salted water following pack instructions – it should only take about 4 mins. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep sauté pan and sear the scallops for 1-2 mins, to brown the prosciutto and lightly cook the scallop inside. Lift from the pan onto a warm plate and leave to rest.
- STEP 3
Add the garlic to the pan juices and fry, stirring, until golden. Tip in the chopped corals and thyme, and stir-fry for a few mins more. Add the lemon zest, juice and vermouth, let it bubble down to at least half, then toss in the parsley. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with salt and plenty of black pepper, then toss to make sure the strands are well coated. Add the prosciutto-wrapped scallops and serve drizzled with a little extra oil, if you like.