- 200g dried yellow split peas
- 3 celery sticks (about 160g), sliced
- 1 thyme sprig, plus 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 onions (350g), halved and sliced
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 50g ginger , finely grated
- 2 red chillies , deseeded and sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 large green pepper , chopped into small pieces
- 1 large potato (about 215g), unpeeled, cut into 1-2cm pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 320g frozen sweetcorn
- 150g dairy-free coconut yogurt
- STEP 1
Tip the split peas, celery and thyme sprig into a medium pan with 1 litre of boiling water, bring back to the boil and simmer, covered, for 25 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, fry the onion in the oil in a large pan for 10 mins. Stir in the ginger, chilli and garlic. Tip in the pepper and potato, and pour in ½ litre boiling water with the bouillon and remaining thyme. Tip in the split pea mixture and corn, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 30-35 mins until the veg is tender.
- STEP 3
Remove the thyme sprig. Take out a third of the veg, then purée the rest in the pan with a hand blender (or use a potato masher). Return the veg to the pan with the yogurt, and stir well. If you're following our Healthy Diet Plan, eat two portions now, and cool then chill the rest for another day. Will keep in the fridge for three days.