Cheat’s sausage larb
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Try our take on larb, a Southeast Asian dish traditionally made using minced meat. Here, we've used sausages to make things a bit simpler, but it's still full of authentic flavours
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 limes , juiced
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 3 pork sausages
- 1 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 4 spring onions , sliced and shredded
- ½ bunch of coriander , chopped
- small bunch of mint , leaves picked and torn
- 2 Little Gem lettuces , leaves separated
- 1 small cucumber , cut into matchsticks
- STEP 1
Mix together 2 tbsp of the sesame oil, the lime juice, chilli sauce and fish sauce. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the remaining oil in a wok or non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Squeeze the sausagemeat out of the skins and into the pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and fry for 5-6 mins, or until golden brown. Stir through the curry paste and fry for 1 min. Mix through half the spring onions and half the herbs.
- STEP 3
Arrange the lettuce and cucumber in two bowls, add the sausage mixture and drizzle over the spicy dressing. Finish with the remaining herbs.