Butter-fried sprouts with crispy shallots & almonds
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6-8
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 4 small shallots, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 50g slivered almonds
- 50g cold butter, cut into cubes
- 500g Brussels sprouts, halved
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Fry the shallots, stirring for 10 mins until golden and brown at the edges. Add the garlic and almonds. Fry for 5 mins more until the garlic is golden. Tip into a bowl.
- STEP 2
Melt the butter, and stir-fry the sprouts for 10 mins until softened and starting to brown, adding a splash of water if they start to catch. Season. Toss with half the shallot and almond mix, tip into a dish, then scatter over the other half.