Bean salad with yogurt avocado dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 round wholemeal pitta breads , split in half and cut into triangles
- 200g frozen broad bean
- 1 avocado , flesh scooped out
- small pack parsley
- 8 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove , roughly chopped
- 1 lemon , zest of ½, juice of whole
- 2 Little Gem lettuces , roughly chopped
- 400g can white bean , rinsed and drained (we used cannellini beans)
- 4 spring onions , finely chopped
- 2 carrots , peeled and grated
- 10 radishes , halved
- handful of cress , snipped
- STEP 1
Heat grill to high. Spread the pitta triangles out in a shallow baking tray. Toast for a couple of mins to crisp, turning once. Keep a close eye on them otherwise they will burn. Once toasted, remove and place to one side. Next, pop the broad beans in boiling water and cook for 2-3 mins, then drain and remove the bright green pod from the hard outer shell.
- STEP 2
In a blender, whizz together the avocado, parsley, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and zest and seasoning.
- STEP 3
Put the remaining ingredients in a bowl, except the cress. Toss together with the avocado and yogurt dressing, then sprinkle over the pitta croutons and cress. Eat straight away.