Scrambled eggs with basil, spinach & tomatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil , plus 1 tsp
- 3 tomatoes , halved
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp natural bio yogurt
- ⅓ small pack basil , chopped
- 175g baby spinach , dried well (if it needs washing)
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the tomatoes and cook, cut-side down, over a medium heat. While they are cooking, beat the eggs in a jug with the yogurt, 2 tbsp water, plenty of black pepper and the basil.
- STEP 2
Transfer the tomatoes to serving plates. Add the spinach to the pan and wilt, stirring a few times while you cook the eggs.
- STEP 3
Heat the rest of the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat, pour in the egg mixture and stir every now and then until scrambled and just set. Spoon the spinach onto the plates and top with the scrambled eggs.