Baked feta with peas, chilli & preserved lemon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 250g block of feta
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a drizzle to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 preserved lemon, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150g fresh, podded peas
- small handful of mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- crusty bread, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 8. Put the feta in a small baking dish and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil, then scatter over half the chilli and half the preserved lemon. Bake for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Blanch the peas for 2 mins, then drain and, while still warm, toss with the remaining oil, chilli and preserved lemon, the mint and the lemon juice. Season.
- STEP 3
Spoon the peas into the baking dish around the feta, and top with extra mint leaves, the lemon zest and a drizzle of oil. Serve with crusty bread.