Baked feta with sesame & honey
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds , toasted
- 200g block feta
- 2 tbsp honey , plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp roughly chopped oregano
- olive oil , for drizzling
- warmed pitta breads , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the sesame seeds in a shallow dish and brush the block of feta all over with the honey. Carefully press the honey-coated feta into the sesame seeds, turning so that it’s well crusted with seeds.
- STEP 2
Put the feta in a baking dish (it should fit snugly), then sprinkle over the oregano and a pinch of sea salt. Drizzle with some olive oil. Bake for 15-20 mins until the feta is soft, then drizzle with a little extra honey and serve with the pitta breads on the side.