Amalfi lemon, chilli & anchovy spaghetti
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 350g spaghetti, bucatini or linguine
- 1-2 red chillies (depending on how spicy you want it), deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large Amalfi or unwaxed lemon, zested and juiced
- large handful (about 40g) of finely grated parmesan
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a low heat and fry the garlic for 2-3 mins, or until just turning golden at the edges. Remove from the heat and leave for 15 mins for the garlic to infuse in the oil.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 150ml of the cooking water. Remove the garlic from the infused oil, then tip in the cooked spaghetti, the chillies, anchovies, parsley, lemon zest and juice, and the parmesan. Add 50ml of the reserved water and toss with tongs until combined. Add a little more water to loosen, if you like. Season. Divide between four shallow bowls.