- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 350g spaghetti, bucatini or linguine
- 1-2 red chillies (depending on how spicy you want it), deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
Silver, slender salty little fish found mainly around the Black Sea and the Pacific and Atlantic…
- small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- 1 large Amalfi or unwaxed lemon, zested and juiced
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- large handful (about 40g) of finely grated parmesan
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a low heat and fry the garlic for 2-3 mins, or until just turning golden at the edges. Remove from the heat and leave for 15 mins for the garlic to infuse in the oil.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 150ml of the cooking water. Remove the garlic from the infused oil, then tip in the cooked spaghetti, the chillies, anchovies, parsley, lemon zest and juice, and the parmesan. Add 50ml of the reserved water and toss with tongs until combined. Add a little more water to loosen, if you like. Season. Divide between four shallow bowls.