Greek feta traybake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2, plus 2 lunchboxes
- 2 pitta breads
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 red onion , cut into thin wedges
- 400g can butter beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 courgettes , halved lengthways and sliced on an angle
- 100g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 20g Kalamata olives , pitted and halved
- 100g feta , cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 lemon , cut into wedges
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cut or tear the pitta breads into chunks or triangles and put on a large baking tray. Drizzle over 1 tsp oil and scatter over half the oregano and some black pepper, then toss to combine. Arrange the pitta pieces in a single layer and bake for 10 mins until golden and crunchy.
- STEP 2
Remove the pitta chips from the tray, then add the onion wedges, beans and courgettes. Coat with the remaining oil and oregano, season and roast for 10 mins.
- STEP 3
Toss in the tomatoes and olives, then scatter the feta over the top. Roast for another 10 mins, until the veg is soft and the feta is starting to turn golden. Scatter the pitta chips over the top or around the side of the tray, and squeeze over the lemon wedges before serving half the traybake. Leave the rest of the traybake to cool for use in the lunchboxes, see tip below.