- 2 slices prosciutto or similar
Prosciutto is a sweet, delicate ham intended to be eaten raw. The word 'prosciutto' is…
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 280g jar artichoke hearts, drained
- handful black olives
- ½ tsp chilli paste or powder
- splash of white wine
- 4 fish fillets, such as bass or bream
Tear each slice of prosciutto in half. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, add the prosciutto, cook quickly until crisp, then remove. Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat through. Add the peppers, onions and garlic and cook gently, stirring from time to time, for about 10 mins or until softened.
Add the artichoke hearts, olives, chilli and wine, then season and cook for a couple of mins. Season the fish and lay it on top of the vegetables. Cover the pan tightly with a lid or foil and cook for 5-6 mins until the fish is cooked through. Scatter with prosciutto and serve with crusty bread.