- 200g smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed and flaked
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- juice and zest ½ lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- small bunch chives, snipped
- small handful dill, chopped
- 1 small radicchio, separated into leaves
An Italian relative of chicory, radicchio is a forced crop and has distinctive red and white…
- 1-2 chicory heads, separated into leaves
Also known as endive, chicory is a forced crop, grown in complete darkness, which accounts for…
Gently mix the mackerel flakes with the crème fraîche, lemon juice, half the herbs and some pepper (but no salt – smoked mackerel is salty enough). Chill until ready to serve.
Spoon a generous amount of the mixture into each leaf, then arrange on plates. Sprinkle each ‘scoop’ with the remaining fresh herbs and a pinch of the lemon zest, then serve.