Lamb & feta burgers with minty yogurt
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- handful parsley , chopped
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves stripped and chopped
- good splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg , lightly beaten with a fork
- 100g feta cheese , cut into 16 cubes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
For the dip
- 200ml natural yogurt
- small bunch mint , leaves chopped
- STEP 1
First make the dip by mixing together the yogurt and mint with a little seasoning, then chill until ready to serve.
- STEP 2
Tip the lamb mince into a big bowl with the spices, chilli, herbs, Worcestershire sauce and egg. Season, then get your hands in and mix well. Divide the mixture into 16. Shape into burgers, pushing a cube of cheese into the centre of each and sealing in. Chill until just before your guests arrive.
- STEP 3
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the burgers for 1-2 mins until brown on each side, then transfer to a baking tray. Put in the oven for 5-10 mins until cooked through and piping hot. Pile onto a big plate and serve with the dip on the side.