Smoked mackerel loaded leaves
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 200g smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed and flaked
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- juice and zest ½ lemon
- small bunch chives , snipped
- small handful dill , chopped
- 1 small radicchio , separated into leaves
- 1-2 chicory heads, separated into leaves
- STEP 1
Gently mix the mackerel flakes with the crème fraîche, lemon juice, half the herbs and some pepper (but no salt – smoked mackerel is salty enough). Chill until ready to serve.
- STEP 2
Spoon a generous amount of the mixture into each leaf, then arrange on plates. Sprinkle each ‘scoop’ with the remaining fresh herbs and a pinch of the lemon zest, then serve.