Pork with Cranberry & Apple
Member recipe by bottlegreen
A perfect winter recipe, special enough for entertaining but easy to make and serve. The apple and thyme flavours work so well with the tender pork.
- 1 pork tenderloin, approx 450g
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small apple
- 50g cranberries
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g butter
- 6 tbsps bottlegreen Apple and Thyme Cordial
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 6 slices streaky bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c, gas mark 5. Place the pork on a chopping board and cut the length of the tenderloin almost through, open it out, cover with greaseproof paper and flatten as much as possible with a rolling pin.
- Peel and finely dice the onion, crush the garlic and peel and cube the apple. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion, garlic and apple, cook gently until softened, add the cranberries and 2 tbsps of the cordial, cook for a minute. Stir in the breadcrumbs and chopped thyme.
- Spoon evenly along the tenderloin, press the tenderloin together around the stuffing, wrap the bacon around then secure with string at regular intervals.
- Place in a baking tray, pour over the remaining cordial. Cook in the oven for approx 1 hour, basting at regular intervals. Remove from the tin and allow to rest.
- Serve cut into slices with new potatoes and vegetables.