Member recipe by pigwidgeon
Stuffed Breakfast/Horse Mushrooms with bacon lardons, shallot, garlic, breadcrumbs and sage
- 6 flat Breakfast/Horse mushrooms
- 125g unsmoked bacon lardons
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- some dried sage
- 40-50g grated medium cheddar cheese
- Wipe the hull of the mushrooms to remove any dirt, then turn upside down and remove the stalks. Place on a baking tray underside up.
- Fry the lardons, then prepare the shallot and garlic and chop finely, add to the bacon.
- Finely chop the mushroom stalks and add to the frying pan, fry on a moderate heat for about 5 minutes until all the ingredients are cooked.
- Take off the heat and add the breadcrumbs and sage, stir to make an even mixture.
- Spoon into the hollows of the mushrooms and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven (220o/Gas Mark 7) for approx. 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.