Test your foodie knowledge by taking our bumper culinary quiz of 2018. Find questions on food trends, top telly, chefs, restaurants and much more. You can print off the quiz for your Christmas party, too.
Spoiler alert! Scroll to the bottom of the page for the answers to the quiz in smallprint.
1. What flavour was the cake at Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s wedding?
a) Lemon & lavender
b) Lemon & elderflower
c) Vanilla & elderflower
d) Lemon drizzle
2. The World Cheese Awards 2018 took place in Bergen in November. Which cheese was the crowned the world champion?
b) Golden Cross
c) Almnäs Tegel
d) Cornish Kern
3. Which of these is NOT an ice cream flavour launched by Ben & Jerry’s this year?
a) Birthday Cake
b) Pretzel Palooza
c) Spice & All Things N’Ice
d) Buttered Popcorn
4. As veganism continues to soar in popularity, we saw lots of restaurants experiment with seitan this year, but what is it?
a) Wheat gluten
b) Mushroom protein
c) Texturised vegetable protein
d) Fermented soy beans
5. Which of these Danish foods did bakers NOT have to make during Danish week on this year’s Great British Bake Off?
6. In July this year, research by YouGov revealed the nation’s favourite ice lolly. What is it?
7. Avocado was THE fruit of 2017, but which fruit replaced avocado as the fastest-selling fruit in July this year, according to Tesco?
8. Which dish caused a stir on this year’s MasterChef?
a) Chicken katsu curry
b) Chicken ramen
c) Chicken rendang
d) Chicken korma
9. In December, the first restaurant serving a predominantly cannabis-infused menu opened in which city?
10. Lupin hit the headlines this year as one of the latest health crazes. What is it?
a) A tuber
b) A spice
c) A legume seed
d) A type of wheat
11. Which supermarket was crowned winner of our ‘Best Turkey’ category in this year’s BBC Good Food Christmas taste awards?
d) Waitrose & Partners
12. 2017 was all about the turmeric latte, but which of these was the new talked-about caffeine drink in 2018?
a) Chickpea coffee
b) Avocado coffee
c) Mushroom coffee
d) Paprika coffee
13. Fermented foods were big news in 2018. Which of these products is not fermented?
14. According to analysis in August by Stay In Cornwall, which was the most Instagrammed food in the UK?
b) Fish & chips
d) Beef Wellington
15. Which former pop icon opened a bar in London this year?
a) Chesney Hawkes
b) Bruce Springsteen
c) Rick Astley
d) Phil Collins
16. Which of these chefs was awarded a CBE this year?
a) John Torode
b) Gordon Ramsay
c) Jamie Oliver
d) Rick Stein
17. Which radio presenter is a BBC Good Food fan, announcing on his show this year that his wife refers to BBC Good Food more than any cookbooks?
a) Mark Radcliffe
b) Chris Evans
c) Greg James
d) Trevor Nelson
18. Which London restaurant was crowned National Restaurant of the Year at the 2018 Estrella Damm National Restaurant Awards?
19. Which retro starter did we spot coming back into fashion on restaurant menus this year?
a) Prawn cocktail
b) Deep-fried Camembert
c) Ham & melon
20. Which of these top TV chefs lost a Michelin star at their restaurant this year?
a) Michel Roux Jr
b) Marcus Wareing
c) James Martin
d) Glynn Purnell
21. Which of these chefs appeared on BBC Radio 2’s Desert Island Discs this year?
a) Marco Pierre White
b) Nigella Lawson
c) Tom Kerridge
d) Paul Hollywood
22. Which of the following became a global hate object on Twitter in April?
a) A charcoal-activated croissant
b) A craft beer made from chia seeds
c) A unicorn-themed doughnut
d) A bleeding vegan burger