How to make cheese fondue
Learn how to make our really easy cheesy fondue, perfect for parties or a friendly gathering. Get the bread ready for dipping and enjoy!
- Pour the wine into a large saucepan and heat it until simmering.
- Add the grated cheese a handful at a time giving it a stir occasionally as you go.
- Add the kirsch and cornflour when the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Add the cornflour by sprinkling it evenly over the surface and mixing it immediately to prevent lumps.
- Serve with lots of crusty bread, boiled potatoes and a fresh green salad on the side.
Lots of hard cheeses will work in fondue. We used cheddar as it has a really good flavour, plus GruyÃ¨re which makes the fondue gooey and stringy.
REHEAT TO REUSE
Once taken off the heat, the fondue will start to thicken and set after 5-10 mins. Simply reheat to loosen the sauce.