How to make healthy steak with goulash sauce:
- Heat 1 tsp rapeseed oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add 2 halved and sliced small onions, cover the pan and leave to cook for 5 mins.
- Stir in 1 deseeded, diced green pepper and 2 sliced garlic cloves, cover the pan and cook for 5 mins more.
- Peel 250g sweet potatoes and cut into narrow chips, then coat in 2 tsp rapeseed oil and 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven 240C/220C fan/gas 7.
- While the potatoes are cooking, stir 1 tsp paprika into the onions and peppers, pour in 150ml water and stir in 85g halved cherry tomatoes, 1 tbsp tomato purée and 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder.
- Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Pan-fry 2 x 125g fillet steaks rubbed with a little rapeseed oil in a hot, non-stick pan for 2-3 mins each side. Rest for 5 mins.
- Spoon the goulash sauce onto plates alongside the beef. Serve with the chips and 200g wilted spinach.
Sign up to our Healthy Diet Plan!
This recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally-optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best.