How to make vegan banana pancakes
- Sift 150g plain flour and 2 tsp baking powder into a bowl, and stir in 2 tbsp golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Pour a 400ml can of coconut milk into a separate bowl and whisk to mix in any fat that has separated.
- Measure out 300ml of the coconut milk into a jug, then whisk this slowly into the flour mixture to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the remaining 100ml of coconut milk and 1 tbsp sugar into a small pan and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens to the consistency of single cream.
- Heat a shallow frying pan and brush it with vegetable oil. Use 2 tbsp of batter to make each pancake, frying two at a time.
- Thinly sllce 1-2 bananas and arrange the pieces on the pancakes.
- Cook for about 1 min on each side until bubbles start to pop on the surface, and the edges look dry.
- Transfer the pancakes carefully to a plate and spoon over some of the sauce.
See the full recipe for vegan banana pancakes.
More pancake inspiration...
5 gluten-free pancake recipes
Plain vegan pancakes recipe
Alternative pancakes for Shrove Tuesday
5 healthier pancake recipes
Unusual pancake fillings and flavours
Pancake recipes collection
Pancake Day hub page
Have you tried our vegan banana pancakes? Leave a comment below...