Home Style Baroda mushroom mutter saag
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 200g petite peas
- 100g sweet corn
- 200g frozen spinach
- 200g of mushrooms (or you can use paneer cheese if you'd like to make paneer saag)
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 10g of Jaggery (the alternative is 2 tsp of damerara sugar)
- 12-15 Cashews (optional)
- Juice and zest of half lemon
- Machi masala (blend of 20+ fresh Indian herbs and whole ground authentic spices for from Bipin's currysfusion crafted to deliver a professional chef cooked experience). The alternative masala is the Methi masala with brilliant aroma and taste profile. Th
- 1 tbps of coarsely chopped coriander
- STEP 1In a heavy pan saute the onions (low heat so as not to burn the ingredients) together with 1 tsp of the marchi masala and the cashews untill golden brown. This will begin to flavours the caramelised onions.
- STEP 2fold in all the vegetables and the remaining marchi masala, the Jaggary, add a 2 tbsp of water and cook gently over low heat in a covered pan for 20 minutes to infuse the aromas and get the spices and herbs to release the flavours.
- STEP 3To finish add the lemon juice, garnish with lemon zest and the coriander.