Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Salmon linguine with greens and butter mushrooms
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Full of flavour from the punchy parsley and garlic, this recipe is sure to satisfy flavoursome pasta cravings, hitting all the right notes with a smoked salmon base.
- 500g Linguine
- 2 smoked salmon fillets
- 200g sliced mushrooms of your choice
- 200g greens beans, or any green veg of your choice, perhaps spinach or tenderstem broccoli
- 1tsp garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1tsp dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 knob of butter
- A splash of semi skimmed milk
- A ladle full of starchy pasta water
- Cracked black pepper to season
- STEP 1Poach your smoked salmon fillets with a knob of butter in a large pan on a low-medium heat. Whilst these are gently cooking away, boil a pan of water 3/4 full for the linguine pasta. Once this has been brought to boil, add the pasta and reduce the heat – it will take about 15 minutes to cook the way through.
- STEP 2Your salmon should be nice and pink now so keep turning it over until the skin is easy to remove. Using a pair of tongues, remove the skin and break the salmon up into flakes, ensuring it has cooked all the way through.
- STEP 3Add the mushrooms to the pan with the salmon and season with the dried parsley and a douse of cracked black pepper. This is like poaching the salmon and mushrooms together in beautiful flavours, enriching the somewhat bland vegetables. Cut the ends of the green beans as some may have a spiked stalk and this isn’t pleasant to eat. Add the green beans into the pasta and let them boil for around 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Taste some of the pasta to see if it has cooked through, if there is still some bite then leave to boil for another few minutes. The pasta, once cooked, should be seamless to bite through, like you are eating silky ribbons. Drain the pasta and the green beans and add these to the pan with your salmon and mushrooms. Save some of the starchy water as you will need this to keep to mixture fresh.
- STEP 5Now all your ingredients are in one pan, add the garlic and herb cream cheese along with a splash of milk and stir through to cover all components. Just before serving, add the ladle of starchy water and stir through so the pasta looks full bodied and covered in a creamy sauce.
- STEP 6Serve and enjoy with a sprinkle of parsley and optional extra black pepper.