Deep Fried Chips
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- Maris Piper Potatoes or other floury ones, preferably large
- A lot of oil
- STEP 1Cut potatoes into ~10mm square chips
- STEP 2Cook chips at 140C in ~8cm of oil for 8minutes, making sure they're cooked through but before they start to colour
- STEP 3Take out and drain, and heat oil to 180C (you could pause the cooking for a little while)
- STEP 4Cook the chips until coloured nicely, if doing a lot you might need to cook in batches to avoid the oil cooling down too much.
- STEP 5Remove with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander and salt.