Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Quick tomato pasta sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This quick and easy tomato pasta sauce doesn't scrimp on flavour with roasted red capsicum and red onion to give it body. I like to make this with either courgette or baby spinach to add some extra veges. Serve with your favourite pasta for a quick, easy mid-week meal that's ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1 red onion
- 1 roasted red capsicum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 70g tomato paste
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 courgette or 1/2 bag baby spinach
- STEP 1Heat some oil in a fry pan on medium-high heat. Chop the red onion and capsicum in a food processor until it is finely diced. Add the onion and capsicum to the fry pan and cook for approx 3-4 minutes until they start to brown.
- STEP 2Add salt and tomato paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, beef stock, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally until sauce has thickened, approx 10-12 minutes.
- STEP 3Grate and then finely chop the courgette in the food processor. Or, if using spinach, wash thoroughly then finely chop in the food processor. When sauce has 1-2 minutes remaining, add the courgette or spinach and stir to combine.