Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Bread with figs, walnuts and anise
- Preparation and cooking time
- 10 min
- Serves 1
The recipe for the bread was developed especially for its preparation with natural sourdough. Ready-made bread with figs, walnuts and anise is especially suitable for consumption with different types of hard cheeses.
- 100 g white flour
- 45 g wholemeal flour
- 20 g rye flour
- 3 dried figs
- 40 g crushed walnuts
- 2 g star anise
- 3 g himalayan salt
- 65 g natural sourdough leaven
- 130 ml. hot water.
- STEP 1Mix the figs, walnuts and anise separately and set aside
- STEP 2In a smaller bowl, mix the flour and salt (dry ingredients), and in a larger bowl, mix the natural starter and water until well dissolved (these are the liquid ingredients).
- STEP 3Add the figs, walnuts and anise to the dry ingredients and after mixing them add all this to the liquid ingredients and mix well again.
- STEP 4Cover and let the mixture rest for 10 minutes. Then knead and let rest for another 10 minutes. Repeat this operation 6-7 times, then cover the dough and leave to rise for 1 hour.After doubling its volume, press the dough with your fist and move it to a floured surface and form a loaf with a shape as in the picture. Flour the form in which it will rise and leave the bread in it between 3 and 6 hours. Preheat the oven to 240 ° C for 20 minutes before baking. Once risen, remove from the pan and place in a suitable baking tray. Flour the surface of the bread. Bake at 220 ° C for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool on the grill.