Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cold Lemon Pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Sweet and lemony, best made 24 hours before eating
- 4oz butter or margarine
- 4 eggs (separate yolks and whites)
- 6oz caster sugar
- Rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 8 Trifle sponges
- Double or whipping cream to cover top of pudding
- STEP 1Cream the butter and sugar, beat in the egg yolks, rind and juice of the lemons
- STEP 2Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the creamed mixture.
- STEP 3Split the trifle sponges in half lengthways and place a layer into a cake or loaf tin. Put a third of the mixture on top of the sponge layer and place another layer of sponge on top. Continue to layer mixture and sponge, finish with top layer of mixture.
- STEP 4Cover and chill overnight if possible, but at least for 3 hours. The mixture may split a little but it should partly soak into the sponge. Before serving whip the cream to soft peaks and spread over top of pudding. Will keep for a few days in the fridge.